- No prior experience is necessary. We will provide the training.
- Applicants must be continuing students who will have completed at least two semesters at UW-Madison by the end of the spring 2018 semester.
- Applicants should be in good academic standing (2.00 or higher GPA).
- Applicants must be able to attend ALL training and SOAR sessions.
Training and SOAR Session Dates
- Training dates: Approximately May 29-June 7.
- SOAR Session dates: June 8-29 and July 9-August 10.
- There will be no SOAR obligations June 30-July 8, nor August 11-21.
- SOAR Session (late August) dates: August 22-30. (There is some flexibility with late August dates, if you have commitments to Housing training or other campus positions.)
- All work is weekdays only, between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, approximately 25-30 hours per week.
Please submit, in a single Word or .pdf document, the following to the L&S SOAR Peer Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A one-page cover letter that includes: your name, campus ID number, declared or intended major(s), why you are interested in this position, and why you feel you are qualified for this position.
- A one-page résumé.
- A list of 2 professional or academic references. Please include the reference’s name, position, relationship to you, email address, and phone number.
All application materials must be received by 5:00 pm on Monday, February 12, 2018.