About the Position
VIA is currently recruiting 6-8 university students to serve as Program Coordinators on the American Language and Culture (ALC) program at Stanford University. ALC Program Coordinators work as a team to build community, foster cross-cultural understanding, and serve as peer mentors for participants. This is a great opportunity for students who want to develop project management skills under the mentorship of VIA staff while building deep friendships with students from Asia.
What Coordinators Receive
- Ongoing coaching related to program design as well as tailored professional development (ex. resume writing and grant-writing workshops)
- Single dorm room and meal plan at Stanford for training week and during the program
- Field trips to San Francisco and around the Bay Area
- $150 budget to plan organization visits and recreational activities with your participants (e.g. transportation costs)
- $51 to cover personal meals when off-site for program duties
- After the program: Receive up to $1500 reimbursement for travel expenses to visit ALC participants in their home countries
How to Apply
Read the full position description and start your application on our website. Successful applicants will be selected on a rolling basis.
The priority deadline to apply is January 20, 2019.
Email Program Director Yuki Ueda at email@example.com.