Beinecke Scholarship Program provides scholarships for the graduate education of exceptional students who plan to pursue a PhD or terminal master’s degree in the arts, humanities and social sciences. The scholarship is for $34,000 to attend any accredited graduate school.
To be eligible a students must have the following qualifications:
- U.S. citizen or U.S. national
- Must be eligible for need-based financial aid during undergraduate years (institutional, state or federal grants-in aid)
- High academic ability (above 3.8 GPA recommended)
- Junior (one year left) at time of application
- Plan to pursue a PhD in the arts, humanities or social sciences
The UW-Madison deadline is January 14, 2019 and the Foundation deadline is February 13, 2019. Candidates must be nominated by UW–Madison and may not apply directly.
Students interested in applying should contact the Undergraduate Academic Awards Office for more information about the application process.