This is an accordion element with a series of buttons that open and close related content panels.
Intro to the IS Major Worskhops
Intro to the IS Major workshops will not be held until further notice – please contact an IS Major Advisor directly to schedule a 1:1 appointment!
IS Major Newsletters
IS Major Newsletter
The IS Major Newsletter is a weekly update that contains information on scholarships, advising, internships, campus events, career services, and much more.
You can subscribe to our weekly IS Major newsletter here.
**Newsletter publication has paused during the Fall 2020 semester. We hope to have regular updates up and running soon. In the meantime, please follow our social media for event announcements and updates.
Where do IS Majors end up?
Learn from UW-Madison alumni who are employed in various industries and employment sectors within Wisconsin and throughout the nation about how they have used their International Studies Major. The IS major has contacted over 2500 alumni, and the data below contains the following information:
- List of employers
- Employment status overview
- Employment by sector
- What were the resources that were helpful in your transition to graduate school or career?
- Career Center
- Careers in Political Science Class
- L&S Career Services
- Fulbright app
- Pre-law advising
- Internship and Career Planning Course on campus
- School of Journalism and Mass Communication career services
- Career Fair
- Resume help
- Networks made through student organizations
- Connections with professors
- Law School Counselor
- UW in DC internship program
- Center for Pre-Health Advising
2. What were the areas of your IS Major that were valuable in your post- graduation transition and career path?
- Writing and critical thinking skills developed in classes
- Cultural understanding
- Ability to speak another language
- Events and career panels put on by the IS Major
- Study abroad experience
IS Major News
“Human rights issues do not discriminate based on continent, nor do they halt in the face of a pandemic – in fact, they are global matters that magnify in times of disaster. Through participation in …
Associate Professor of Political Science and International Studies Erica Simmons had her research about the links between identity and social movements in Latin America featured in the College of Letters and Science magazine. For the …
On Monday May 6th, the campus advising community gathered in Varsity Hall in Union South for its Spring Celebration and Award Ceremony. Over 160 undergraduate and career services advisors attended the end of year event …
Two of our IS Majors presented their research at the 21st Annual Undergraduate Research Symposium on April 12th. They have kindly offered to share some of their research with our IS community. Natalie Schmidt has …
- More IS Major posts
- October 30
- October 30Community Altar Window ProjectionsNightly artist installation of the Community Altar Project at Garver Feed Mill12:00 AM, Garver Feed Mill, 3242 Garver Green
- October 31
- November 1
- November 1Community Altar Window ProjectionsNightly artist installation of the Community Altar Project at Garver Feed Mill12:00 AM, Garver Feed Mill, 3242 Garver Green